There are Ten Boy’s Hostels and Three Girl’s Hostels. The facilities of reading room, indoor games, washing machines etc. are available in each hostel. Internet facility is provided in most of the hostels. Other facilities like geysers, water purifiers and water coolers are provided in all the hostels.
1. The hostel facility is available to the regular students who are on the rolls of the institute depending upon the availability. The students who wish to stay with their parents or guardians outside the campus for short period may be allowed to do so with the permission of the competent authority.
2. Hostel wardens are appointed for each hostel and they exercise 'general supervision' and 'control' over the inmates.
3. Hostel attendants are available round the clock in hostel. In case of any problem related to the hostel, the student should contact/meet the attendant.
4. In case of illness or medical emergency hostel resident should inform to the concerned warden through hostel staff.
5. Possessing any kind of motorized vehicle, e.g. car, scooter, motorcycle, moped etc. by the hostlers is not permitted.
6. Any hostler is allowed to go to his/her home (only) during vacations/weekends against intimation to the hostel office. It is mandatory to fill the hostel leave form and submit to the security guard at hostel gate.
7. Institute does not own the responsibility of theft and loss of any items possessed by the inmates (like laptop, mobile phone, tablet etc). However, in the interest of inmates it is advised here that they may get insured their valuables.
8. All hostlers are required to observe the hostel timings strictly. The gate timings of the hostels are decided by the competent authority from time to time. In case of un-avoidable circumstances students shall have to take special permission in advance from the concerned warden to stay out for late hours.
9. For any kind of meeting in hostel premise, prior written permission/approval is mandatory from the competent authority.
10. The students shall make proper use of common rooms having newspapers, literature and other articles meant for indoor games. The hostel warden will fix hours of the common room from time to time.
1. No student should be in possession of fire-arm, lethal weapon, alcohol or drugs, poisonous thing or intoxicant of any kind in the hostel. If anyone found guilty of having said material is considered breach of the rule and shall be liable to be expelled from the hostel, apart from any other punishment that may be posed to him/her by the Chief Warden/Institute Discipline Committee or by law of land.
2. Any student found involved in making comments on political parties or govt and making anti national comments or statements and sharing it on social media (like twitter, face book, whats App etc) will be liable to strict disciplinary action including expulsion from hostel with immediate effect. He /She will be suspended from classes or may be rusticated and will be liable for suitable legal action.
3. No anti social, gender-based, caste-based, religion-based and region-based comments/statements are acceptable from the students/hostel residents. This will be liable to strict disciplinary action as mentioned in para (2).
4. Any type of students' gathering/campaign/agitation/protest and threatening the faculty/staff/student is not permitted in the premises of hostel/Institute. However, any campaign for the social awareness or well being or social concern may be organized with the prior permission of competent authority.
5. Any type of electrical appliances (electric kettle, heaters, iron, induction etc) is not allowed in hostel room. If any student is found keeping these things in his/her room, he/she will be liable to disciplinary action.
6. The students should not indulge in activities amounting to an act of indiscipline and misdemeanor such as:
a) Disturbing the classes, misbehavior with teachers and students taking examination or in any other academic activity.
b) Interfering with the functioning of various committees.
c) Defacing the building or any structure by writing slogans and pasting bills and damaging the Institute property.
d) Rash driving, driving on the pedestrian path, triple riding and parallel driving in restricted areas/Institute Campus.
e) Making obscene gestures in the campus while roaming and sitting in and around the campus.
f) Use of mobile phone in the classes, library and examination centre.
The students involved in indiscipline activities will be penalized as per decision of the Institute Discipline committee. However, may be directly imposed penalty as mentioned below:
1. Cancellation of admission.
2 .Suspension from attending classes.
3. Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
4. Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation processes.
5. Withholding results.
6. Debarring from representing the institution in any national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, conference etc.
7. Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
8. Rustication from the institution.
9. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission in other institutions.
10. Fine up to Rs. 50,000/-
11. Collective punishment will be awarded if the individuals committing indiscipline are not identified.
Room Allotment Rules:-
1 .The student must be personally present at the time of allotment of rooms and he/she may be allowed to choose his/her roommates.
2. Every boarder is provided with a chair, a table and a cot. He/ She will be responsible for these items and other electrical fittings etc. Furniture and electrical fittings are not to be moved from one room to another.
3. All the boarders shall vacate the hostel rooms before they leave for vacation so that annual repairs/maintenance and white washing etc may be carried out.
4. All the hostel room articles issued (at the time of room allotment) to the students will be returned/ surrendered to the hostel staff/attendant/clerk before leaving the hostel during or at the end of the session.
5. The room occupants will be responsible for any loss or damage to the items issued to him/her (at the time of room allotment) and the same will be recovered from them as decided by the competent authority.
6. No boarder is allowed to change his/her room without the permission of the Warden and shall have to vacate accommodation as and when asked for.
7. Each room occupant should lock his/her room. Any room found unlocked due to the negligence of the student/resident will be charged fine as decided by competent authority.
The messes of all hostels operate on cooperative basis. A committee of the students from every hostel manages the affairs of the mess under the supervision of wardens.
1. While visiting the dining hall, the common room and canteen, the students should be in their proper dress.
2. All hostel inmates are required to follow the norms of the hostel/mess and required to deposit the mess advance (mess charges, maintenance charges, extra meal charges, service charges etc) as decided from time to time in each semester by the hostel authorities for availing mess facility. Minimum 55 diets are mandatory for every hostel resident. The remaining balance of mess advance (if any) will be refunded after one year or the student leaves hostel whichever is earlier.
3. Wastage of food is strictly prohibited; the same may be liable to charging of fine as decided by the competent authority.
Student's Guest Rule:-
1. No outsider is allowed to stay in the hostel. However any relative/guest of the student may be allowed with prior permission of the competent authority.
2. The permissible guests include father/ brother and mother/sister (in case of girl students) provided he/she comes from a far off place.
3. Female guests are not permitted to stay in boys' hostel. Likewise male guests are not permitted to stay in the girls' hostel.
4. A boarder keeping a guest without the prior permission of the Warden is liable to be penalized.
5. Students/room occupants are not allowed to stay/sleep in the room of fellow student during daytime/night even with his/her consent.
Withdrawal/Expulsion from the Hostels:-
1. After the general allotment, application for withdrawal from the hostel should be counter-signed by the father/guardian and submitted to the hostel warden. It should also be ensured that the student does not owe any hostel dues.
2. The Director/ DSW/ Chief Warden may expel a boarder from the hostel, if he/she is in the habit of staying away without intimation to the hostel office, or hostel fee and mess dues are not cleared in time.
3. Students who do not clear their dues, such as dues of the hostel mess, canteen, fine etc. by the prescribed date will not be registered for the subsequent semester until and unless, they clear all their dues and submit "No Dues Certificate" from the Account Section and the concerned hostel warden.
4. The students who leave the Institute after completing the degree requirements or otherwise, their result as well as the provisional certificate/ degree will be withheld till NO DUE CERTIFICATE is produced.
5. No boarder shall leave the hostel without handing over the charge of the room as per the inventory issued at the time of allotment.
Hostel Guest Rooms
Each hostel has a guest room with all basic amenities that can be booked by
students for their parents/guests through hostel clerk on the recommendation of
warden of the hostel.